Bloated Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Betta bloated himself with algae wafers I left for my new snail... He's so stuffed..... Looks painful. Should he be okay with fasting for a few days and once bloat goes down, a blanched pea?

My betta did exactly the same, ate my snails algae wafer. I just fasted him & it soon went down. He could hardly move his stomach was huge! Now I only feed blanched veg to my snail as he doesn't touch that. He should be fine like you said fast him then once his belly has gone down I would then give a pea. :)

shellyx said:
My betta did exactly the same, ate my snails algae wafer. I just fasted him & it soon went down. He could hardly move his stomach was huge! Now I only feed blanched veg to my snail as he doesn't touch that. He should be fine like you said fast him then once his belly has gone down I would then give a pea. :)

Thank you :) He is swimming around normally this morning and stomach has gone down...

All of my Bettas did that at 1st with the algae wafers but I haven't seen them doing it in quite a while, they'll nibble a little but not nearly like they used to.

Back
Top Bottom