Bloated dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does any one know what can be wrong with my dwarf gourami? He looks fat, bloated. Also he is not active as usual. Scales on his body look like are about to pop out.
I dropped few blanched and mashed green peas but he was not interested. Other fish went crazy for it. I think he might be constipated, but I am not sure.
Thanks for help

BTW. Water parameters are normal and no other fish show any strange symptoms.

Attachments

• image-2267370705.jpg
    image-2267370705.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 3,067
  • image-3185467857.jpg
    image-3185467857.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 424
He is not getting any better.
Any ideas what is wrong with him?

Nah, it's a male... Can you qt him? You could try fasting him or the pea treatment in qt. I'm a bit worried for your little guy! What do you normally feed him and how long has he been like that???

No it is a male. It looks to be dropsy. Does his scales stick out like a pinecone? It's virtually impossible to cure dropsy , but if you contact a vet they need to inject him. Most people dont know their fish have dropsy until it's too late.

Samzter said:
No it is a male. It looks to be dropsy. Does his scales stick out like a pinecone? It's virtually impossible to cure dropsy , but if you contact a vet they need to inject him. Most people dont know their fish have dropsy until it's too late.

Yup. Scales stick out like pinecone.

Back
Top Bottom