Bloated tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetrafin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, my serpae tetra started to develop a bloat a few day ago. I have not added anything into the system for about a month. I fed the tank peas and I did a fifty percent water change, his bloat has not improved. Any ideas on what might be causing this ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402210360.598975.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402210440.180661.jpg

Bloating can be caused by eating too much food , which can cause a blockage in the intestines, or constipation .
It could also be worms or a bacterial infection.
What color is the fish poop?
Do you have a quarantine or hospital tank that you could move the bloated tetra to?

I have not seen this one poop in a while. I also, do not have a hospital tank.

If it's constipation , you can try treating with Epsom Salt..usually it's 1 tbsp per 10 gallons. HOWEVER..before you do any such treatment with Epsom salt , know that not all fish can tolerate that, so it's important to research any other fish you have in that tank for what they can & can't have for tank treatments.

When your LFS has a sale , it might be a good idea to get a tank, cycle it, and keep it for quarantine or hospital.

if your fish can't tolerate epson salt you could try to feed a a pea nature's natural laxative.. frozen pea put in water in microwave heat 30sc to 1min 30 sec squeeze pea out of hull and break into app size for your fish may be helpful

Back
Top Bottom