Bloating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimsgrl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been treating my tank for Ick for about 24 hrs now (heat and salt method), and now a couple of my females look really fat. I don't think they're pregnant, bc it's very sudden....could they be bloated? And if so, what can I do? :confused:

I have a feeling this tank is going to be the death of me, lol....:ermm:

jimsgrl said:
I've been treating my tank for Ick for about 24 hrs now (heat and salt method), and now a couple of my females look really fat. I don't think they're pregnant, bc it's very sudden....could they be bloated? And if so, what can I do? :confused:

I have a feeling this tank is going to be the death of me, lol....:ermm:

Hi. I'm not sure if bloating is a symptom of ich; you might do a bit of searching to see if it is. Ich often gets worse before it gets better. Also how much and often do you feed? You could try fasting the fish for two days and on day 3 feed them a thawed, deshelled, unsalted frozen pea and see if all of that helps with the bloating. If it doesn't and if bloat isn't a symptom of ich then we'll have to look at other causes. Good luck.

To the best of my knowledge, ich shouldn't cause sudden bloat. Perhaps you have simultaneous issues going on. Anyway, I agree with librarygirl. Peas and fasting should help.

Back
Top Bottom