Bloaty catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommachef

Aquarium Advice Activist
My synodontis started breathing heavily after the water change today. She was also swimming towards the top more than usual and doing some other odd-for-her-things. I tested my parameters and everything is at zero. I added a little extra prime because my water has been extra chlorinated the past few weeks and I thought maybe she just wasn't handling the water change well. It's about 5 hours later and she's got herself wedged between a plant and the back of my tank next to the filter intake, and her belly is huge, more so than usual. I feed them peas 2x a week (they're her favorite table food) and she ate this morning fine. I can't figure out what is wrong with Her but I'm afraid she's going to die! Any suggestions of what I can do to save her???

Attachments

• image-1180202283.jpg
    image-1180202283.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 82
If the fish is still eating that's a good sign, I would honestly fast them for 3-4 days to see the swelling comes down. A little Epsom salt also helps remove some pressure in the digestive track.

Well that sucks, with that kind of bloating it was certainly a digestive issue so I would careful on what and how much your feeding.

Back
Top Bottom