Blue gourami is red around the mouth and gills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone please help, my female gourami has red around the gills, it was not there this morningImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424274056.946368.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi JasonD:

Have you checked your ammonia and nitrite levels recently? In addition to the redness around the gills, have you noticed any other changes? For example, is the gourami swimming normally? Is she eating? Do you see any white or other red spots anywhere on her body or fins?

-Yorg

Can someone please help, my female gourami has red around the gills, it was not there this morningView attachment 264656

Hi
She is eating and swimming normally, even sometimes chasing the other fish, I will be taking some water in to get it tested today, this is the only fish that has this
I have 6 various gourami'is but the blue gourami's are a pair from what I can see.
I also have 2 angel fish and a bi color shark in a 120lt tanks with a cascade 200 waterfall filter
I'll let you know one I have had the water tested
Thanks

+1 what are your water parameters?

Sent from inside my fish tank

Thanks for all your input, she has gill fungus, I'll see in 72 hours if she recovers

It sounds like you don't have a way to test your water yourself...I recommend the API liquid test kit. It is accurate and easy to understand.

I did get the water tested at the pet store, they said it was fine but did not give me the results, I will buy a test kit at the end of the month, can't afford it now

Unless it is a knowledgeable LFS, I think pet stores usually use the test strips, which are not as accurate.

Just an update, she has healed and has no more redness at all
Was a fungus
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom