Blue ram with eggs on tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss_Maree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I've got a blue ram who has some unusual growths on his back tail for around two months. He started to have them after I owned him for a week.

I've kept an eye on it because I thought it might have been little air bubbles or he's colour spots coming through but two months later it's defiantly something else. It looks like tiny eggs on his back tail fin. ITS NOT COTTON LIKE or FUNGUS. It is tiny eggs/micro salt gains.

It's a 2 year going on 3 years set up, there was a mini cycle may due to over cleaning to remove nitrates, cycle had completed before buying the Ram. (See below for more details)

47L Planted Fluval Edge, Aqua Clear hang on filter (foam, carbon, noodles setup). Water changes done every Tuesday (30% + Gravel Vac 1 week, 30% + Media clean every other week (never at the same time as the gravel and always in the removed fish tank water)

Am-0
Nit-0
Nat-20pm (when I brought the fish, now it's 0.5)
Ph-7.5
Temp- 26c

Fish quantity- 15 fish
Original tank mates
Two years going on three (2015)
- 1x Harlequin Rasbora
- 3x Kuhli Loaches
End of May
- 1x Blue Ram
Middle of June
- 4x Wild Silver Tetra (LPS)
- 5x Cardinal Tetra
1 week ago
- 1x Nirite Snail

Anyone with any clue to what this is I can't find it any where, unsure how to treat. One of my friends said she had the same thing with her ram when she bourght it but it went away after a few months. I'm worried that it's getting worse and I'd have to loose him. In the photo he is stressed hence the darken stripes due to the light being turned on while my cat was playing with the timer dial.

Back
Top Bottom