Bluegill? I think she is sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wickdnytemare

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK guys I'm not sure if this belongs here or not..
I have a 7 in bluegill that is four years old I've had her since she was a baby the size of a quarter! Her tank is kept between 75 and 78 degrees. I've checked all her levels everything is good if not great. Here is the problem..

Normally she swims around playing with the koi in her tank very active very colorful .. the last two weeks all she does is lay on the bottom of the tank like she is sleeping and is also very dark in color. Does anyone have ANY ideas at all what is wrong with her, or maybe what is going on with her?? Here is her most recent pic.
Thanks in advance
~A very distraught bluegill momma
32816-albums1215-picture8442.jpg

sickmo.htm

Last edited:
I can not see the picture
Yeah I know that, it doesn't seem to like the link. Needless to say she just lies around on the bottom of the tank all dark in color and only comes up for feeding. Its as if she is sleeping the entire time cause it is always under the plants in her tank.

How often do you change part of the water? What are your readings? I can see the pic, but I don't know what a bluegill is supposed to look like, so I am no help there.

How often do you change part of the water? What are your readings? I can see the pic, but I don't know what a bluegill is supposed to look like, so I am no help there.

Um her water is changed once a week and her levels are normal. Nothing at all has ever been changed in the entire four years I've had her, her levels always the same, water changed the same day each week, the brands always the same serious nothing has ever changed.
I'm not sure what is going on with her but still eats like a pig, she just isn't as active anymore and the picture was only to show her lying on the bottom of the tank, you can't tell something is wrong with her by looking at her only by knowing and watching her I guess because it's her behavior that is different and off.
It could just be that is has been colder this year and she's getting older although her tanks temps range from 75 to 78 IDK it leaves me baffled.

Back
Top Bottom