Boesemani Rainbow extra long poo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallpaul003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all
Never seen anything like this before (apologies for pic quality) but is this weirdly long poo normal... Longest I've ever seen is about 10mm but this is like 50mm!!!
He has been a bit stressy lately, chasing smaller fish and seemingly getting horny and possessive with a female cherry barb!!! Eating well, if not more greedily if anything than before. All other fish and water healthyIMG_3740.jpg

It's probably one of two things. Either a little constipation, cleared up by feeding deshelled peas or other fresh veggies, or internal parasites. Is the poo string white? That's the sign for parasites. And like bright almost see through white is what ur looking for. That'll take mediation and some time but probably just constipation.

Thanks for your reply
They get the deshelled peas weekly (on the day I fast them), and this extra long stringy thing was coming out while they still had a big chunk of cucumber in there soI don't think they're lacking greens.
Wasn't white, so not sure.
John (The rainbow)'s had some multi-coloured poos before, sometimes lumpy like a row of sausages before they're cut !!! Was only that it shocked me so much, and also that he's been a little different lately. Not sure if they're coincidental but thought I'd ask !!

Back
Top Bottom