Bolivian ram parasite: looking worse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My rams belly is caving in I thought it would get better but now it's looking really bad. Someone told me there are parasitic medicinal fish flakes. Anyone know a link?

Does your ram have red looking bristles coming from it's anus? Mine had the same look, completely emaciated and it turned out to be Camallanus worms. I have a thread in here with tons of info if you need it.

Nah it doesn't have that, it's body is completely normal besides the belly being caved in hideously

He looks really bad now, he's sort of sideways and looks really really thin

It might be too late for the food to help

He died this morning. Such a strong guy, I feel so bad I didn't post this earlier

He died this morning. Such a strong guy, I feel so bad I didn't post this earlier

Don't beat yourself up. I have the Angels med flakes on hand too. I suggest you order some, just in case.. I lost soo many fish to bacterial disease, when first starting out. I was stressing, even cried a little. Got good advice on this forum: Don't let your fish's stress become your own. =)

Just got my package of angel+. Gonna get a new ram and maybe a ADF. Next time I'll be prepared for parasites with my new food!

Better late than never. I believe u can use as preventative. I just finished my second dose and am using immune booster now. Fish seem good.

Back
Top Bottom