Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a pair of Bolivian rams, I believe they are one female and one male but I am not 100% sure.

In the past couple weeks they have been exhibiting some odd behavior. In the beginning when the two were first introduced to each other, the larger ram (the one I believe is a male) showed dominance over the female by chasing her around. That went on for a month or two, but about 2 weeks ago the female (the smaller of the two) began to show dominance over the male, which was odd. The male actually spent most of his time hiding from the female. But now in the past week the roles have been reversed to how they started

What can explain this behavior, I thought it might be breeding behavior but from what I can tell they didn't breed.

I can certainly understand your confusion:

fishfeb2006004.jpg

I thought that these two were definitely exhibiting mating signs. They haven't done this again since. I would just sit back and wait. It could happen but sexing bolivians is a little harder than sexing German Blues.

Back
Top Bottom