both mollies died, this is odd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well I think my dalmation molly was pregnant when I bought her, lots of black dots around her anus, lately she started rubbing agianst plants and what not, so I think she was in labor, I've heard of fish getting the babies stuck during labor and it killing them, I think this is what happned, because all of a sudden she went spastic and died, instantly. SO I did a water parameter check and everything was the same, so I did a water change anyways. Two days later my black mollie who was just released back into the tank after being treated for some Ich started fading and fast. I think it was internal parasites since he was gettin really slim and barely eating. I finally put him in the breeder net when he got so weak he got stuck to the filter intake while still alive, so I watched him in the breeders net for a couple hours and he was just miserable, I did notice though that his gills were bright white, I'd never seen or noticed it before if thats his natural gill color. I didn't have the heart to euthanize him, iono if that makes me cruel or what, but I was really hoping for a better outcome, sadly he passed on to. Water parameters all checked out fine, I guess it was just a coincedence

Sorry about your losses, sounds like the first molly might have had ich as well. It might have been in her gills, you never know. It's always a shame when you try so hard to save them.

not sure if it leads to white gills, but nine times out of ten, that is how ich kills fish. It gets in their gills and literally suffocates them.

I had a clown loach die during an ich battle i had, showed no signs of ich. But he started flashing, and the day after I noticed him flash, he was dead.

Back
Top Bottom