Bought a sick fish (or two)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am not having a good morning.

We just got through a hexamita treatment that killed one of our blue rams. We had one female left, and so we got her new friends yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's one male and one female, going by the blue spot.

I just moments ago yanked them both out and put them in a 1 gallon bowl because one has that spider silk poop. I'm so angry! Both tanks are occupied right now, and so I need to figure out what to do quickly.

My tank information in my profile is correct. My husband says to take them back and demand medication for the tank. I won't be able to do that until about 3pm today, about 5 hours from now.

What should I do?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1475243893351.jpg
    1475243893351.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 1475243905006.jpg
    1475243905006.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 1475243916483.jpg
    1475243916483.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 58
I had a whole thing typed up, accidently killed the page.... but to save time ill just link you
Antiprotozoan Fish Flake Food
Antibiotic
Antibiotic Fish Flake Food
Anything works best mixed in food, so YES the flake foods do work, better in fact than powder. The first one is for Hexima, the second is an antiboitic
You have to order at least two bags of food, the 3oz size is plenty

I did take them back. There are other places to get blue rams.

I had already decided I didn't want to go to that shop anymore because they cracked my snail's shell when I bought him. They're the only place I know of locally where I can get rotifers, though.

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Some mom and pop stores are good only for supplies. I usually get fish that appear healthy from chain stores, as crazy as that sounds, I just go in on the day they get the fish in or the day after and get healthy farm raised fish that way.
Mom and pop stores seem to have a lot of diseases floating around in their tanks, just as much as chain stores. I guess it depends who the manager of any store is. If you get from the chain stores on day 1 at least you can get them before they get sick with anything.

The Petco that I've had a lot of success with lately has an aquarist who manages at least the department. He remembers what's going on with my tank, and the tanks there are always pristine. People can say bad things about chains, but really I think the people matter more.

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Ya. The fish manager is half the battle. I to local mom and pop stores to see if their fish and tanks look good. If they do and they have a fish i want, i buy it. If not, ill ask the Petco/petsmart fish department manager what day they get the fish shipment in, and ill go there that day or the next.

Back
Top Bottom