Bristle nose pleco bullying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glock26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 cories and 1 bristlenose pleco in my 30 gallon tank. He seems to be bullying them one in particular. They're all larger then pleco. But today notice one has beat up dorsal fin and red mark on body? Feeding time especially is bad. I put food on opposite ends of tank but doesn't matter. Any suggestions? I thought they were compatible.20180910_182140.jpg20180910_182031.jpg20180910_182026.jpg

Perhaps an injury? Should heal ok but keep substrate vacc’d so free of organic matter that increases infection.

My bn catfish lies on top of the loaches, has food stolen and is grumpy so-so but all the fish get food.

Feeding time is generally worse. You could try feeding at different times of day maybe. My catfish come out just about dead on 6.30pm feeding time.

If they won’t punk the Bristlenose then he, or she will them. I had a Cory with a similar injury a while back. Clean water is good!

I scatter pellets so they don’t have to complete directly with the pleco

Just did a water change 9-9. I fed them on opposite sides of tank but he still bothers them

Algae wafers and tetramin complete for bottom feeders

Give him or her some zucchini. I chop and freeze. Thaw and feed. Your cories will thank you once the pleco figures out how much it likes it

Back
Top Bottom