Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Brown spot on Boesemani?

Hi,

I have had this particular Boesemani in a cycled and (understocked) 90 gallon tank. There were four others with him when he was purchased (and now there are six total and no other fish have this bump, other non-Boesemani tankmates included) and all seemed healthy. However recently I noticed one of those Rainbowfish has developed a brown spot on his side. He is eating, acting normal, has fairly good color, and is just overall not acting sick. I do 30% water changes weekly, and all of my levels are healthy. I could not get a better picture, this is as good as I could get:

It has a slight raised appearance and this is as best as I could do.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated, and I will let you know if anything you suggest works. I just want to be sure nobody else is going to get sick (or this fish dies, of course) if left untreated.

Tags
boesemani, brown, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com