brutally overstocked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettasalltheway23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I noticed today that my fish were staying at the bottom, find clamped. I tested the water, and ammonia and nitrates were off the chart. My current stocking is as follows. 4 angelfish, 1 male betta, 9 platys (most are fry size) about 12 or 13 Mollies. 2 bn plecos, 3 harlequin rasboras. Yes I know I need 6+. 5 guppy fry. Now my question is, will my ammonia and nitrates go down with 50% daily wc. And if I get rid of the.following fish. 4 platys, and 5 Mollies? I can't find homes for the others at the moment. And please don't say that the angels will be aggressive, all are very peaceful. Especially to.my male betta. what other fish do you recommend I try to rehomed? I won't rehome my angels or my betta. Thank you everyone.

The betta is likely to go bonkers on the Angelfishvas they have flowing fins too. Also, what size tank is this?

The betta is likely to go bonkers on the Angelfishvas they have flowing fins too. Also, what size tank is this?

Sorry forgot to mention that, it's a 75 gal. And bettas been with the angels for about 4 months, and I haven't had a problem.

Sorry forgot to mention that, it's a 75 gal. And bettas been with the angels for about 4 months, and I haven't had a problem.

I can rehome the rasboras, 6 Mollies, and 4 platys. Will that help at all. Or am I still overstocked? I don't go by the one inch rule.

your not over stocked at all. keep up on your weekly water changes add some live plants and drift wood and it will clear up just fine. pm me if i can help more. i breed angels and sell them. i have 22 tanks

your not over stocked at all. keep up on your weekly water changes add some live plants and drift wood and it will clear up just fine. pm me if i can help more. i breed angels and sell them. i have 22 tanks

Really? That's a relief to hear. Thanks for everyones help!

Rehomed 6 Mollies and 4 platys today, tank parameters have gotten better with nitrate being at 5. I also rehomed the rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom