Bump on gourami's lip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! It's my fist time posting, but I'm a little worried about my fishes..

About 5 days ago I added 3 guppies (2 female 1 male) to my 40 gallon tank that has had for a few months, 10 neons, 3 gourami and 3 platy. The water is fine, tested everything before putting in the guppies because we had had a little algae problem a few weeks before introducing them. They we're all fine the first days, yesterday I found the male guppy weird.. My boyfriend said it's probably just because one of the females was pregnant (the clerk told us maybe both but we believe just one is).. I sadly found him dead this morning.. I was quite sad and told myself it was probably a bacteria from the shop.. His tail had been picked on.. After cleaning him up I noticed one of my gourami had a bump on it's lip.. Had a lot of aquariums before but this never happened.. Actually I only once got white spots and luckily all the fish survived..

Oh.. And we found a snail yesterday.. But a lot bigger then the ones I had once infest an another tank of mine..

Here's a picture of the gourami in question.. He's acting fine..

Any advice?
Thanks!!

Sabrina

Kind looks like the sore my female pearl gourami had. My male was trying to mate and got a little aggressive towards her. The bump cleared after a few weeks. Didn't medicate. Just made sure my water was clean

Back
Top Bottom