Bumps in Tail Fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reicirith

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,, I hope this is in the right section, I'm new here.

I had a small guppy breeding tank, and gave my parents a batch of the males. After adding a few from the lfs, they started having trouble keeping the fish alive. Every week, one would die. They had their water tested, and everything was perfect. I'm only home once/mo so I couldn't monitor their behaviour or how they died, but after several months, only two fish are left, and I'm left to fish-sit while they're on vacation.

Now that I'm watching them, I get to see some things my parents might have missed.
There's a large bump, about 2mm in diameter on the middle (near the base) of his tail fin along with several smaller ones around it. There is no discolouration, and he is acting normal. I was thinking perhaps a parasite, but I haven't been able to find any information on similar cases. Anything on bumps always indicate discolouration.

I'd try to get a picture, but the quarantine tank is really poorly lit.

Any advice?

Sorry,I can't answer this question properly without a picture,but here it goes..
Maybe the fish is simply deformed.It's ok when the fish is healthy,but I reccomend not to let this deformed fish breed,as it may pass on the deformity..

sorry I couldn't help much...

I have two photos, they'er not great, but I hope it helps.

DSC_1096.jpg
DSC_1066.jpg

It's the slightly more orange bit in the middle of the tail, near the base. It sticks out on both sides of the tail fin.

Back
Top Bottom