Bushy nose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey214

Aquarium Advice Freak
WHat is this ? I noticed it today ? Is it something to worry about ? I noticed the fin on the end of my pleco his tail (the tip and end) it a white color . . . hope this picture helps , any ideas ?

Attachments

• image-2430562857.jpg
    image-2430562857.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 102
Can't really see it, but I do know that my BN plecos have a white design in their tail, it's just part of their coloration. Did yours used to be all dark?

most likely it's just a heater burn, part of his coloration, or he's recovering from a nip. check your temp in the tank and make sure the temp is where it should be. you may need to lower the temp either way just to be safe. where is it at now? also, what is the stock in this tank?

I agree that it is just the natural markings of the fish. My BNP has the exact same coloration on the tip of his tail. At first I worried, but I monitored it and looked up some pictures and it turns out it is completely normal.

My Albino BN also has a white spot at the very tip since I got her. My guess is its just the coloring, I kept an eye on it for months and nothings changed.

blackmolly said:
most likely it's just a heater burn, part of his coloration, or he's recovering from a nip. check your temp in the tank and make sure the temp is where it should be. you may need to lower the temp either way just to be safe. where is it at now? also, what is the stock in this tank?

The tempature is around 78 degrees and this is my stock . . Minus one Benton's tetra cause one recently passed

Attachments

• image-583875289.jpg
    image-583875289.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 75
yeah, i would say it's either coloring or nips. you really should up the black skirts to at least 5 regardless though.

Back
Top Bottom