Camallanus!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My angelfish no longer appears to be bloated anymore, not sure if this is a good sign or not. Either way, I still see worms. I think I saw a worm in one of my black neon tetras a few times, but I'm not sure. It could have just been waste. My male swordtail is still bloated but I have not seen any signs of worms in him yet.

My flakes came yesterday and I fed them. Not much progress, saw no worms fall out of anyone. I vacuumed the sand and called it a night. Today has been very busy and I did not have time to feed and monitor the fish or do a vacuuming so I will do another feeding tomorrow and continue the process. Does it take time to kick in?

okapizebra said:
My flakes came yesterday and I fed them. Not much progress, saw no worms fall out of anyone. I vacuumed the sand and called it a night. Today has been very busy and I did not have time to feed and monitor the fish or do a vacuuming so I will do another feeding tomorrow and continue the process. Does it take time to kick in?

Yea, took mine 3 or 3 days... Patience is the key :D

Oh, good! I was worried. Someone said it works within 20 minutes so I was standing there waiting for tons of worms to start falling out of my fish! lol.

okapizebra said:
Oh, good! I was worried. Someone said it works within 20 minutes so I was standing there waiting for tons of worms to start falling out of my fish! lol.

Lol! Mine had a worm that was super stubborn and wouldn't come out but after it got the one out more followed maybe Urs is like mine and it's stuck! Poor lil fella!

Cooked, de-shelled peas will help them expel the worms. You can soak them in a little garlic juice to attract the fish into eating them. If the worms have turned from red to brownish or gray, this would be a good time to do a feeding of peas. I did peas every third feeding.

Bad news. My angelfish is being shy. I dropped in a little bit of food in the tank and she didn't come up... and she is usually a pig! I found her hiding in the back gasping. What do I do now??

Everyone else ate and well but the angelfish was declining fast... No eating out of her. My mom, my boyfriend, and I all decided she should be put out of her misery. :(

It was surprising how fast she declined... I'm so sad to have her gone. :(

Today my plan is my weekly water change and a very good vacuuming of the sand... And the continuation of the flakes. How many days in a row do I feed them? This will be my third time. I have no idea if anyone else is infected or not, but everyone else appears to be behaving normal. The only thing that bothers me is the reoccurring bloatedness of my male swordtail.

I'm so sorry :( I didn't expect that. Here are the directions on my flake.

Feed once a day for 2 days. Perform this treatment a total if 3 times 2-3 weeks apart. Keep fish hungry enough to vigorously eat the medicated food.

Although I fed for 5 days... I wanted the worms gone so I fed until they started to expel. Maybe now is a good time for Levamisol. Again I'm so sorry. I wanted a happy ending for you!

It's okay, I just hope I can save everyone else! I think I am going to feed another day or two as well just to make sure...

So I'm finished feeding them the leva food. I will do it again in two-three weeks. Everyone is eating, swimming, and behaving normally and happily. I'm hoping I could have caught it early enough!

okapizebra said:
So I'm finished feeding them the leva food. I will do it again in two-three weeks. Everyone is eating, swimming, and behaving normally and happily. I'm hoping I could have caught it early enough!

Great news...

Back
Top Bottom