Camallanus Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been treating my angel with Tetra Parasite Clear fizzing tablets for about a week and a half to no aveil. She is still eating and no other fish are showing signs. Help!

I would not treat more than three times with Parasite Clear, Camallanus worms are tough to get rid of and I've had great success with Jungle's medication. I would stop the tabs and start the medicated food, it will be used three times per week for four weeks if I remember correctly. The other option is Levamisole which available through a vet with a prescription and will be costly since most vets don't just write scripts without seeing the fish if you can find a vet that treats fish is tough too.

Jungle's anti-parasite food has Levamisole (at least my bottle has ... some of the newer info pages do not mention that, maybe a change in formulation?) That is prob. the best treatment. The worms are inside the fish, so putting stuff in the water tend not to work.

Back
Top Bottom