Camallanus worms and how to treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear your woes. With a tank with substrate, i think it would be hard to get all the worms and eggs/larve out of the substrate. Sounds like they didn't like that last dose. IT is possible to overdose fish medicine, and you got to take into account how the medicine makes them feel, like physically, like you don't want to torture a fish that is sick in the first place. I would personally take it down then, stearlize everything and get some diffrent guppies or fish.

I removed all my substrate when I first treated them. After the second treatment I thought they weren't infected anymore so I added sand.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Camallanus kills!
If your fish are not dead an you are still interested in /or trying to treat I think "putting them down" is bad advice.
Few achieve success with fish keeping in general quickly , and disease treatment and identification is not for quitters IMO.
I wish you success samram and HIGHLY encourage you to get in touch with Charles(daily if necessary) to help get this straightened out.

Yes but coral he only got like 3 guppies left. I agree with you on not quitting but.... Sometimes people need a fresh start after they been battling something for so long and haven't won.

I didn't euthanize them. I gave them to a friend who is going to put them in a hospital tank at his place to see whether or not this final treatment worked if it. I was way too paranoid that they wouldn't go away and he didn't want me to euthanize. If the treatment did work he has plenty room for my fish. I'm not done with the fish hobby just yet this was just another learning experience and you all have been very helpful!! Thanks! I know where I got my infected fish from so I know I will not be buying from there ever
Again. On the bright side to all this camallanus tragedy my fiance surprised me for our anniversary and brought home a 45 gallon tank he got for free from his work.

Also the few remaining fish I had are said to be doing good so far. They are all happy, active, and eating. White stringy poop is also gone so hopefully this time they will be gone for real!

Just thought I'd give a final update since I no longer have the fish and I'm going to be getting out of the hobby for a bit cause life is a tad crazy right now.. the remaining guppies i had are doing very well! They have no signs of those nasty nematodes anymore and it seems the third and final treatment was a success!!!

Back
Top Bottom