Can Ick affect swimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fish and he has been swiming funny. I posted about and did the things people suggested. He llooked better for a while now he is back to looking bad.. but now he is fatter than normal and while in a lot of spots. Could this be ick doing this to him.

Do they look like salt grains? If so, it is most likely ich, and you will need to treat for that ASAP. Make sure you do the WHOLE treatment. Which treatment did you use?

I have not do it yet. It is not like grains however. You now how people blush. That it it look like on the side of my fish but white and not red. And he is a goldfish.

So they are big white spots? That might be a fungus, but I am not too sure. JSoong should be on here sometime today, and he knows alot about goldfish. :)
Sorry I couldn't be more help. :(

Oh, well that might be swim bladder, and you can try feeding him boiled, de-shelled peas. Frozen works best.
Stick a few peas in a coffee cup of water, stick in the microwave for 3 minutes, take out and run under cold water from the sink, pop the middle out, mush a little and feed. Peas are a laxative.

I did answered with some suggestions in your other thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/swiming-upside-down-130713.html

We need a lot more info to give good advice ... EG:
What kind of goldfish? Size & age? Also tank size & parameters please.

A picture of the spots will be helpful ... I am not certain if this si the fish losing color, or is this white patches on the surface or slime coat.

Apart from swimming upside down, any other symptoms? Lethargy, clamped fins, not eating, not pooping, etc....

It is ok .. he did not make it. Funny thing is I used some suggestions for the other post and he was back to normal. It was only until today a few days after everything was ok .. he just too a turn for the worse. But thanks for all your help. More than likely it was stress. He had a hard time before he got to me.

Back
Top Bottom