Candy platy and Swordtail have a wierd disease.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1121

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Candy Platy and swordtails have had their fins clamped and have been wiggling in place for the past couple days. I have also noticed a thin grey film covering them that none of the other fish have. They seem to be eating ok but they just never swim around. My water check came out ok so i know thats not the problem. Please help as soon as possible! It seems to be spreading onto other fish! Here are some pics to help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 56
Oh poor things! They don't look well at all! Would you say the film is slimy like mucus? If so, it could be slime disease which is bacterial. You'd need to medicate with antibiotics. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can come forward and help. HUKIT has always helped me with my poorly fish and hopefully he'll be along to help you soon.

Thanks

:thanks:Thanks so much. In fact it is slimy and i will look further into it. Thanks again for your help! :)

I began treating them with lifegaurd treatment yesterday. Sadly the swordtail died today but the platy seems the do better.

Back
Top Bottom