Cant get fish to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalmackdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey i just got my endlers ( you can see them in he show-off tank section) but they wont eat.
Just went to the store and picked up some flake and bloodworms. Every time i put my hand over the aquarium, they swim to the bottom. (they hangout behind the driftwood most of the time)
So what should i do? They seem hungry because they havent eaten since they were shipped (the 25th) and they seem hungry because theyve been picking at the planaria and brown algae. Do you guys know any tricks or experiences?
Thanks,
Mack

butterfly_koi said:
They may just need some time to adjust, maybe try some type of sinking food?

I tried some hikara or wats-the-name aglae wafers because in the future i want to get some otos, but they didnt like that. They seem to like the bloodworms, but they dont eat it until it sinks, and its to big for there mouths.
Can they go 3-5 days without food? Could i safely give them a few more days to adjust to the tank so they dont get afraid everytime i sit next to my desk?

Let them adjust to the tank and when you feed them don't bother them just go away or stay a little far away from the fish tank. :fish2:

Aniistarr said:
Let them adjust to the tank and when you feed them don't bother them just go away or stay a little far away from the fish tank. :fish2:

:) i picked up some micro pellets and they have been eating that :) they eat it until it reaches the ground than they cant find it :p lol
But then the little ones still follow it and then the big ones see it.

Back
Top Bottom