chancse of surviving dropsey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Turtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
last night i went to feed my fish and turn teh lights out and i noticed my favorite guppy had his scales all sticking up. I put him alone in a ten gallon and used a tank buddy fungus clear tab on it. he still appears to be active and eating but he looks like a pinecone.

Those tank buddy tabs are what I used to treat dropsy in my goldfish, and it worked wonders. This is the Jungle product, right?

As far as treating it, usually once the condition becomes very pronounced, its too late. But, I've treated one goldfish twice for dropsy, sucessfully. Her internal organs had to be pretty damaged from it though, and I ended up losing her to a third bout of it.

Keep your fingers crossed. Its not out of the question....just not likely. Sorry.

I have to say it is unlikely myself. At least I have never successfully cured it no matter how soon I have caught it. Hopefully you will be the exception.

I'll let you know how he does, i didnt notice any problems with him till lest night when i saw the scales sticking up. my sister did feeding the day before so she proabably just dropped the food in and didnt really check on them. I know guppies arnt the longest living fish but i wasnt expecting to have to think about lossing teh little guy so soon.

I've cured a couple fish using MarcelII I think it was...but you have to catch it early otherwise it doesn't work =/

Back
Top Bottom