chewed up goldie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flushingfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a goldfish that essentially has had its dorsal fin removed by a smaller bad attitude platy. i had already made plans to move the goldie to its own tank because it really doesn't belong in a warm water setting but it needed a home temporarily. He had been alright up until last night. He seems to be taking extended rests on the bottom long enough that at one point my daughter thought he was dead. Then all of a sudden he was back to normal. He will be moved tonight when I get home. My question is if I continue to see this kind of behavior after I move him is there anything I can dose to speed him on the road to recovery? It's almost like he's taking naps but is ok after he wakes up. I am hoping he's still around when i get home tonight. Any thoughts?

My goldfish got mauled by my senegal bircher when they were together, and he's a pretty big fish right now. He lost an eye and a whole pectoral fin and he's just fine :) I'm sure yours will be just fine too. Good luck!

Believe it or not mine gotbeat up by a platy. It's like he got his butt kicked by Mini Me

Okay got home and I was going off to the LFS for melafix and pimafix when my 6 yr old screams out "don't go he's dead"

Back
Top Bottom