Chronic Cloudy Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rokuzachi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I've had my prized brown hoplo cats for about 9 months now I think. When I got them, their eyes had some cloudiness over the pupil. This has never gone away or lessened - I've had to treat them for various parasites and diseases (wild caught), and none of those treatments or the general ones I've used have done anything to the cloudiness.

Is it possible that what I'm seeing is some sort of scarring or scuffs on their eyes? they don't seem to be impaired by it, they can see me from across the room and rush to the close corner when I do because they assume every time I enter the room is food time.

The tank parameters are 0/0/10-25 a week after cleaning, I haven't seen an ammo spike since I first set the thing up. I thought if anything could cure them, pristine water would, but no matter how tight I keep the maintinence their condition doesn't improve.

Does anyone else have fish with cloudy eyes that are otherwise healthy? Thanks!

Rokuzachi said:
Hey guys. I've had my prized brown hoplo cats for about 9 months now I think. When I got them, their eyes had some cloudiness over the pupil. This has never gone away or lessened - I've had to treat them for various parasites and diseases (wild caught), and none of those treatments or the general ones I've used have done anything to the cloudiness.

Is it possible that what I'm seeing is some sort of scarring or scuffs on their eyes? they don't seem to be impaired by it, they can see me from across the room and rush to the close corner when I do because they assume every time I enter the room is food time.

The tank parameters are 0/0/10-25 a week after cleaning, I haven't seen an ammo spike since I first set the thing up. I thought if anything could cure them, pristine water would, but no matter how tight I keep the maintinence their condition doesn't improve.

Does anyone else have fish with cloudy eyes that are otherwise healthy? Thanks!

Could be cataracts, which based on what I read, it is not common but possible in some fish, hard to cure, or not known cure.
I dealing now with cloudy eyes with three rainbows, I started to treat them with Maracyn, I will let you know if they improve. One is completely blind right now, I hope that it is a bacterial infection and the Maracyn will fix them

Back
Top Bottom