Clear poop, bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to hear...

I am the happiest kid alive right now. My good friend Gabrial has been acting good as new! Just fed a few flakes and he went CRAZY! Eating like a madman! I am so happy. Thank you all for the help, i truley appreciate it. And no doubt about it, Gabrial would have died without the help of you guys. Words cant explain my gratitude.

Whew.... another crises resolved :dance:
I hope you took some valuable information away from this experience. A lot of information was given to you to better help you gain control of the situation and remedy the problem. Use this info to prevent this from happening again.

Now, not to be a party pooper (pardon the pun ;)) What about the ich situation? That's another issue that needs to be dealt with or is that resolved as well? :blink:

Thanks guys! And the ich situation is alot better! Very few spots sense we raised the temp up to 86. We realize the problem is not gone so we are going to dose the regular meds for Gabrial tomorrow (make sure the parasite is gonzo) an then wait 2 days, huge water change, then dose ich meds to get rid of that forever! I have another question. Gabrial is developing an indent on his forhead, is this because he is maturing? Because he is getting older!

Indent or....

Thanks guys! And the ich situation is alot better! Very few spots sense we raised the temp up to 86. We realize the problem is not gone so we are going to dose the regular meds for Gabrial tomorrow (make sure the parasite is gonzo) an then wait 2 days, huge water change, then dose ich meds to get rid of that forever! I have another question. Gabrial is developing an indent on his forhead, is this because he is maturing? Because he is getting older!

Is it an indent or is his head starting to grow a protuberence (a.k.a. bump)? Sorry, I couldn't help using a big word LOL:lol:
Male Angelfish can grow a bump of flesh on their heads. It will end up looking like an extra thin mound of flesh from the forehead ( just above the eyes) up to just before the first dorsal spine. For now, I wouldn't worry about it but.....
On the slightest chance that what you are seeing is actually the beginning of a small bump, it would not be uncommon for a fish that has been treated for internal parasites to have other parasites try to leave the body before succumbing to the medication. Don't panic about this or get crazy about it! Just be aware of it and keep a watchout for it. If you start to see "pimples" this is what it most likely is. We'll deal with that if and only if it happens. Your only job right now, get rid of the ich (y)

Ok i really hope its not another problem! I will have to post pics when the lights turn on...
The ich looks to be gone, but i dont trust it. I will dose the medicine (herbal) and try to get rid of it soon enough. Thanks!!

Don't panic!!!!!!

Ok i really hope its not another problem! I will have to post pics when the lights turn on...
The ich looks to be gone, but i dont trust it. I will dose the medicine (herbal) and try to get rid of it soon enough. Thanks!!

I told you not to get crazy about this...:nono:
This would actually be a good thing because it means that the parasite or worm would be leaving the host and probably dying in the tank or get sucked into the filter. Just keep your eyes on it, nothing more!!! :D

Get a good night's sleep and don't worry. It sounds like the tank is moving in the right direction (y)

Lol t a time like this i am paranoid about EVERYTHING! Haha i do need some sleep..
If he keeps eating the way he has been hopefully his waste is no longer a clear color. He is always swimming around now so thats definitly a good sign! I will proceed with the plans i previously stated :D

Just wanted to update..gabriel is doing fantastic! Eating, and the whole bit!

The tank, however, is doing terribly! Plants are all dead pretty much. We might have to break the tank down, but at least Gabriel is doig well!

Glad to hear it :)

Just wanted to update..gabriel is doing fantastic! Eating, and the whole bit!

The tank, however, is doing terribly! Plants are all dead pretty much. We might have to break the tank down, but at least Gabriel is doig well!

Glad to hear about your fish but sorry to hear the tank is in such distress. Just remember to be careful not to expose the remaining fish to rapid temp changes or large scale water parameter changes or else they will most likely come down with ick again.:facepalm: Best bet is to set up a bucket with an airstone or another tank to hold the fish in while you make your changes in the big tank. Once done and the new water is settled, re-acclimate the fish into this "New" tank.

So at least we saved one of the Angels and thinking back over this thread, that IS a major accomplishment on your part. Congratulations (y)

keep us posted :)

Thanks! We really appreciate all of your help, and everyone who has bothered to help is out. We could not have done it alone!:)

Back
Top Bottom