Clear poop, bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alyxx said:
Between the Gabriel's pooping text, the Grant farted sign, and letting you guys set up a saltwater tank your mom seems pretty cool! I'm happy to hear there's at least a small sign of improvement. Hopefully they will take to the dewormer and get better! Angelfish are wonderful fish, I miss mine.

Lol!! I totally agree!!

I hope so too! He is usually so active and fun that its just a bummer to see him like this. Goin to walmart now!

jlk said:
What are the active ingredients? Your looking for something with metro & prazi in it.

Yeah it has both! It says 1 to every 10 gallons, and the tank is 40 gallons. The packet gave me 8 so i can only treat twice? It says wait 48 hrs between treatments.

It also says to pre-dissolve tablets in a cup of aquarium water before hand for tanks 40 gallons or larger?

Pre-dissolve them in some tank water- you may have to crush them before dissolving. Follow the directions & let us know how things go!

jlk said:
Pre-dissolve them in some tank water- you may have to crush them before dissolving. Follow the directions & let us know how things go!

Great! Bummer i only get 2 treatments though!

Well, see how they react after two and get more if you need it. If you guys can scrape together some extra cash, get some of the other meds too in case you need them in the future!

Following. I have a guppy with a bent spine who has been pooping clear stringy stuff. Peas didn't help. I started her on an anti-parasitic today. I was happy to have found this thread!! Hope your fishy feels better soon.

Jill said:
Following. I have a guppy with a bent spine who has been pooping clear stringy stuff. Peas didn't help. I started her on an anti-parasitic today. I was happy to have found this thread!! Hope your fishy feels better soon.

Thanks! Hopefully your guppy gets better! Is it doing the same things mine are? Lazy?

Alyxx said:
Well, see how they react after two and get more if you need it. If you guys can scrape together some extra cash, get some of the other meds too in case you need them in the future!

Ive got the money (not much tho lol) but the food online had crazy shipping!! I want to get some to feed once a week though!

I know the lack of funds, buddy. College student waiting tables here! At least you don't have to pay rent yet! I hate finding stuff priced well but with sky high shipping. My LFS has some medicated foods, btw. Did you check yours?

Alyxx said:
I know the lack of funds, buddy. College student waiting tables here! At least you don't have to pay rent yet! I hate finding stuff priced well but with sky high shipping. My LFS has some medicated foods, btw. Did you check yours?

Lol thats terrible! I bet you buy fish food before your food right? Haha being a kid its not easy to get money either:(

I have checked! I have called several stores but to no prevail:(

That suck. Mine has an antibacterial food and a anti parasite food in stock, along with about a dozen varieties of frozen foods, all the good pellets and flakes too. Love my LFS. High prices though, only fish place in town so no competition. And yes, last week my last $10 went to bloodworms and frozen clams for the fish, haha.

Alyxx said:
That suck. Mine has an antibacterial food and a anti parasite food in stock, along with about a dozen varieties of frozen foods, all the good pellets and flakes too. Love my LFS. High prices though, only fish place in town so no competition. And yes, last week my last $10 went to bloodworms and frozen clams for the fish, haha.

Hahah!! I knew it!!! Lol

Thanks! Hopefully your guppy gets better! Is it doing the same things mine are? Lazy?

I've only had her about 3 weeks, and she is lazy....hides a lot. She's pregnant so I always just attributed it to being close to birth. But now she has an S shaped spine and clear stringy poop. I'm using the API anti-parasitic (general cure). Luckily, she's new so she's in quarantine with her sisters. I had the same problem as you with the peas.....the other fish went INSANE for it, and since she wasn't feeling well, she didn't get much of it.

Hope we both resolve this soon. I have some Jungle anti-bacterial food on hand, but no anti-parasitic food. I hope the water treatment is enough.

Back
Top Bottom