Clenched/Stiff looking fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molotov256

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi... my oscar is acting kind of weird, and I wasn't sure if I should worry or not.

He isn't as active as he was last night, and his fins look a little stiff. They are not torn or anything, but his tail is just staying pretty still and drawn in tight.

Do you think he's just sulking, as oscars sometimes do, or does this sound like a 'medical' problem?

You need to test your water. Something isn't right. Fish do not sulk unless there is a problem.

There's also a bunch of information we would need in order to help you. Size tank, type filter, how long has it been going with fish, any other fish in the tank, what food do you feed and how often? whatever info you can give us. Test results for ammonia, nitrite,, nitrate, and pH are essencial to know to determine cause of the problem. In the mean time, check the heater, make sure it's working. Refrain from feeding for a few days. Do a small water change...about 10% to 15% right now until we know the quality of the water.

Back
Top Bottom