Clouded eye.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snails R us

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my glass cat for around a year now in the same tank. I got him from a friend who had him for years. Since she had him he had a small white spot on his eye (not like ich it was inside and looked cloudy but was the size of a grain of salt). My tank has been set up for years and his eye stayed the same until recently it clouded over all his pupil (the black part if I am correct). The water paras are good that's what I don't understand.. He doesn't get picked on either.. At the moment I don't have a picture but I will get one asap! He has never passed this on either and I got him from a trusted source. He is still as chirpy as normal buzzy about the tank with his friend I got for him (I got them soon after I got him). He shows no over signs of illness but his eye and never has. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like cataracts by what your describing, try to use a flashlight to look at the eye. There are no cures but they're no harm to the fish.

Back
Top Bottom