Cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mags

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have spent hours searching for an answer to this cloudy eye problem. First noticed about 5 weeks ago; he was in a 120 gal tank with 9 other cichlids and 3 clown loaches. Using Mars water tests nitrite is 0 ppm, ammonia is 0 ppm, PH >7.6, temp 80*. Immediately isolated him to 10gal QT with the same water parameters. Treating one week with Melafix, 25% water change after two days then a 50% water change offered no change after a couple of days. Treated with Melafix + Quickcure for one week with 25% water change after two days then and 50% water change. No change after a couple of days. Treated with two rounds of Tetra Parasite Guard with 50% water change between treatments. Still no change. I'm at a loss. I don't want to put him back in the big tank if he's contagious or vulnerable. Any advice us appreciated.
Tanx

Thanks for the reply. It looks like it could be a cateract. Do you know if this is common?

Back
Top Bottom