Cloudy eyes - convict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help my convict looks pretty beat up and has cloudy eyes!!!

Picture please.

I went through something horrible and I hope it's not a sign of what's to come. Is it just one so far? Salt worked wonders for me! Kosher salt and lower temps saved the rest of my fish after losing 15!!!

But don't worry yet. Maybe just a case of cloudy eye. But I pic or better description would help. What else is in the tank? How big? What kin of filtration? How's your water conditions? Is it like a white milky film? Swimming or no? Kind of lethargic?

I put him in my quarantine tank where he is alone and the conditions are fine I've tested all water and nothing is out of the ordinary. I am due for a water change but I know that didn't cause this. He is hiding right now so I can't get a picture just yet but I will. His eye don't seem milky just cloudy. I'm worried. He wasn't as active untill I put him in a separate tank. He is moving all Round now. I don't know if he is just curious or what... He was living in a 55 gal with a female convict and a jd. Oh and a little jewel I think I rescued it and he's being moved shortly. But my convict has always been the mean one.

Just curious- you mentioned your due for a water change anyway. What exactly are the parameters from the tank this fish came from? Cloudy eyes are usually indicative of something amiss in the water before anything else can be considered.

Ni. 0
Nit. 10
Ph. 7.5
Amo. 0

I do water changes every Tuesday but I have had the flu so I have been bed ridden. But everything g is still ok so I don't think it's related to that.

Thanks! Its still worth checking to rule water issues out. I would go with aq salt & healthy water for now. If his eyes dont dont start to improve in the next couple of days, some antibiotics may be necessary. Good luck & i hope he improves! :)

Thanks i thought it was some aggression. With the new female in the tank but I wasn't sure if aggression or stress could cloud their eyes.

Aggression, yes, if he was being beat up he very likely could have suffered injuries to his eyes. Fish are pretty good at healing themselves up from most minor injuries, so I would not be too worried. Keep us posted!

Yeah I think it must be aggression. Even though that shocks me cause he was in charge always but I guess at some point it changed. I will keep you posted.

Help!!!! So his eyes cleared up and his scales looked better but now he is t swimming right? He is vertical with his head down! He can't Straiten out! Help please I need to help him!

Check your water parameters in your qt & do a big water change asap! I am honestly not sure why he suddenly took a turn for the worse if he was healing up nicely other than an issue with his water. Are there any other symptoms other than not being able to swim correctly? Is he eating? How do his eyes look?

:( he died. His eyes were looking good so were his scales. He wasn't really eating but that didn't worry me to much he isn't use to being fed every day. Poor guy I have no idea what happened! He was my favorite I think cause he only had one fin so I felt so bad for him!!!

Me either that's the worst part! Of there is something in my tank killing my fish how do I stop it without knowing what it is!

Do your other fish seem ok?? Columnaris is the only disease I know of that can kill this quickly but im sure there are other less common diseases as well that are just as devastating. Its really difficult because our fish cant tell us whats wrong! I would keep a close eye on everybody!

Me either that's the worst part! Of there is something in my tank killing my fish how do I stop it without knowing what it is!

My other fish seem normal. In fact I think my jd is more active if anything ugh

Back
Top Bottom