Cloudy Water, And My Fish Are Dieing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDudePwn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon aquarium. Just started a few days ago.Everything was fine until the third day. Fish started dieing whenever my mom went to her English lessons.I started with 11 fish. 5 glow light tetras, 3 (I think plates), 2 small bottom feeders and 1 large bottom feeder, now only the bottom feeders are still alive. All of the dead always stick on the filter(clue?).The waters cloudy.We got a oxygen thingy. Not making much of a effect. We forgot to cycle. Amnomia? Our p.h. Last test was 7.4 something. We don't know how to cycle and maybe need uv sterilizer? Plz help us!!!(also I'm using iPad so I might make spelling errors^_^)

I have a AQUA-Tech 5-15 Power Filter with BIO-Fiber biological, I'm planning on getting a better testing kit, just can't find one<^_^>

Yes, I have an aquaculture heater and yea I have a petco near me. What testing kit was that? Exact name plz.thx in advance!lol

API Freshwater Master Test Kit

its a great kit alot of people in here recommend this same kit as well

API Freshwater Master Test Kit at PETCO

317163010341C.jpg

i Would probably do a PWC
Partial water change to try and clean up some of the water and mabey knock the ammonia down if it happens to be to high

Cloudy water is most likely bacterial bloom. I would do at least 50% PWC. I agree with Justin for you to get a test kit. It's going to be easier for us to help you if we know your water parameters.

That's quite a bit of fish for a 10 gal. That could patialy be contibuting to you cloudy water

Back
Top Bottom