Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Cloudy Water/Detritus worms

I had an over population of detritus worms recently.
So I removed my fish and gravel from the tank. The water is murky and Iíve done a few changes. Iím planning on leaving it bare bottom. Does anyone have a clue what to do???

Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well if it's bare bottom just dump the whole tank and add new water and hook your filter back up and add your fish back in and you should be good to go. Just check your levels as removing your gravel took out a good portion of your biofilter. The cloudy water is most likely a spike in ammo or nitrite. My tanks usually show a nitrite spike when mine clouds not always but usually.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAquaMomma View Post
I had an over population of detritus worms recently.
So I removed my fish and gravel from the tank. The water is murky and I’ve done a few changes. I’m planning on leaving it bare bottom. Does anyone have a clue what to do???
Hello Mom...

If you keep a clean tank with lots of large, weekly water changes, you have little to worry about. The Planaria (flat worms) you have aren't likely to harm your fish. The fish will generally have them for lunch. If however, your tank is dirty, then you can have a more harmful species of flat worms. Parasites and pathogens live in most tanks, but the chances of your fish getting an infection in a clean environment is very remote.

So, keep the tank clear of dissolved fish waste material by removing and replacing most of the tank water every week and your fish will be fine.

B

Tags
ate, cloud, cloudy, cloudy water, detritus, loud, water, worm, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com