cloudy white dot in eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey was looking at one of my fish today in the 55 gallon tank. I just noticed that she has a white cloudy dot in the middle of her eye. I change out about 20 percent of water each week, and the water is in good standing. Is there something I can do for her? I really don't want to put meds in the tank if I don't have to, If there is a natural way of curing her, I would be more for it.

Morning Amy!
I have a great book titled Manual of Fish Health. I looked up cloudy eyes in the book and it basically lists two main causes of cloudy eyes or cloudy dots....one is nutritional problems and the other, that sounds more like what you are describing, is eye flukes (a parasite).

You would need to get an antiparastic medication...I have the Jungle brand Parasite Clear....it lists gill flukes and body flukes on the back of the package, but it doesn't list eye flukes..I would think since it is a parasite though, you would need to QT her and give her an antiparasitic treatment of some kind.....

I want to make sure to get the right thing. :/ It like a jelly cloudy dot in eye that sticks out a little. I would like to do it a natural way if possible without using medication. If it isn't one thing it's another :/

IMO Jungle meds are garbage. I've used them before and have never had any success.

If they are flukes, the best thing you could do is use formalin but I doubt that they are eye flukes. Do you have any pictures of the fish? What kind of fish is it?

I got triple sulfa for eye cloud. she is a blood parrot. I hope that is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom