Clown louch clamped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hows it going?

Ladt night i noticed my smallest clown louch hadnt gone to bed with the others and as remaining out with the barbs which isnt completely unusal as it seems to think its a barb but always goes to bed woth the other louches at night anyway thats not the only thing i noticed the poor thing seems to be clamping its dorsal fin what i think is its anal fin and this morning its tail fin.. and appears to be scratching..

Now there is no visable signs of a parasite on it it is happy to eat until the other clown louches chase ot away when.they normally dont care and will just eat..

Did my normally weekly water change 2 days ago and everything was fine then..

Water checks r normal..

We did have what we thought was velvet or ich on a couple of barbs but after many waters and 28 degree water the fish that we suspected had it stopped scratching and resumed normal hypo barb behaviour..

The other louches r fine..

Is frequent water changes key to fixing these clamped fins... i have another tank but it is on a 14litre tank and i dont wanna seperate it and.cause it more stress if that is what is causing the clamped fins

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom