Clueless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep the water fresh and clean. Good for the fish to be in the larger tank. 54L is approximately just over 14G for USA members.

Feed just what the fish will eat at one time, a couple pellets at a time, he eats, a couple more, in a few minutes. If fed way too much, they can eat and eat and eat until the food in their stomach expands and can kill them.

As for the salt it is good to know the parameters of your water you use for the tank. If it is tap water from the sink of your home, it is good to see what the water levels are:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

pH

KH carbonate hardness or alkalinity
GH general hardness
TDS total dissolved solids
Chlorine/Chloramines or what chemical your water company uses to make water safe to drink

You can feed some in morning and some in evening if you like to cut the amount of food for the day in 2 parts. I like to feed the fish so I like to do 2 small feedings rather than one time per day.

Keep the water fresh and clean. Good for the fish to be in the larger tank. 54L is approximately just over 14G for USA members.

Feed just what the fish will eat at one time, a couple pellets at a time, he eats, a couple more, in a few minutes. If fed way too much, they can eat and eat and eat until the food in their stomach expands and can kill them.

As for the salt it is good to know the parameters of your water you use for the tank. If it is tap water from the sink of your home, it is good to see what the water levels are:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

pH

KH carbonate hardness or alkalinity
GH general hardness
TDS total dissolved solids
Chlorine/Chloramines or what chemical your water company uses to make water safe to drink

You can feed some in morning and some in evening if you like to cut the amount of food for the day in 2 parts. I like to feed the fish so I like to do 2 small feedings rather than one time per day.
Great info.. Just did a water change and they doing fine...

Sure I'll find out soon and update the water levels and all....

I'm feeding them twice a day.. [emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom