Clyde the Runty Angel fish had an accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lev

Aquarium Advice Activist
I rescued 2 angel fish in December from pets at home. They were small (2cm not inc fins) and cowering in the corner of a tank of gold barbs. Both added to main tank after 10/7 in quarantine.

One has grown, and joins the scrum at feeding times. Clyde however hasn't grown. He had an episode of white stringy poo and has only just got back out of quarantine after a Course octozin.

Hes very shy around the other fish and I find myself having to quickly drop food down to him whilst the others are eating on other side of tank. But to be honest he has never been a good eater (he does love blood worms and mosquito larvae)

I just found him with his little beak stuck in one of the fenestrations on my filter intake. I gently eased him out and he swam around a bit then seemed to deliberately swim back to the same sorry situation. One time he swam sideways past it and I saw him get sucked sideways onto it.

He is now in a breeder net chillaxing and munching on a blood worm. I feel he is trying to earn a Darwin award! I've turned lights off and in gonna leave him there overnight.

My worry is the flow in my tank is quite low and my other healthier angelfish bonnie can swim right near the intake with ease. Anyone had any similar experiences?

1485110771910.jpg1485110778306.jpg1485110784790.jpg

So these are the fenestrations I mean. As you can see they are quite small.

My filter spec and tank details are on my profile.

Water chemistry today

Ph 7.5 nh3 0 No2 0 No3 5ppm after recent water change yesterday

i thought I'd better halt the stampede of advice coming through
Clyde has passed away. He was just a baby and has never been well so I guess was inevitable :(

Yeah interestingly my friend is a vet and this is totally gross but he had a look after Clyde passed much to my dismay and he had a growth on his kidney. Inbred!

i thought I'd better halt the stampede of advice coming through
Clyde has passed away. He was just a baby and has never been well so I guess was inevitable :(
Sorry the little guy passed.
A healthy fish will not very often get sucked into a filter intake unless it is very strong.You did the right thing to offer him some shelter from the flow.

Sorry to hear about the little guy... Always heartbreaking when a fish dies :(

Thanks guys. Sorry for the slightly sarcy 2nd post it was the fish grief talking! :)

I've never had a fish with a tumour before :-\

Back
Top Bottom