Coldwater ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only done normal dose or half dose but the ones I've used never had the option of double dosing.

As above it will take time. Even at high temp I've had ich hang around for a week unfortunately.

This med will be soaked up by organics in the tank so water changes will still be useful. By itself it is quite capable of removing ich.

13 days since noticing white spots. Not much improvement that I can tell yet, but certainly not worse. The fish with the spots is as active as ever. None of the other fish have developed any spots thankfully. I'm more concerned about the unseen, since the ich parasite attaches to the mouth and gills. I can only assume that the 70 degree temp in the tank is slowing the life cycle, therefore increasing treatment time. I'm carefully vacuuming daily, which is a pain with a sandy, planted substrate. Looks like I'm going to have to order another bottle of treatment. Patiently waiting....

Update...finally seeing signs of improvement! Ich spots are fading and the fish is still doing great. I'm going to continue dosing for another week just to make sure its gone.

I had a run with ich a year ago. It took 2 weeks to complete the treatment with the kordon. No fish loss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had a run with ich a year ago. It took 2 weeks to complete the treatment with the kordon. No fish loss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's clearing up nicely. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom