Columnaris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got new stock of cardinals and think they may have columnaris. I'm not positive though, so that's why I'm asking opinions hopefully you can tell by pics. One or 2 more have small spots like in the first pic as well. Opinions appreciated!

image-501586441.jpg

On right side of pic, in front of moss ball reflection.

image-2848806693.jpg

Obviously the one on top, this is the one that really makes me think columnaris.

Its hard to tell on such small fish but it appears like theres an infection following a saddleback pattern. Whether its columnaris or another infection, its hard to say without a lab. Is it spreading? Any other symptoms? Heres some more info:

Columnaris (Flexibacteria) in Aquarium Fish; Fungus, Saprolegnia; Treatment, Prevention

Thanks that was an awesome right up on the disease! It's doesn't appear to be spreading. But I have already lost two of them since this posting. They are be hospitalized right now under treatment with triple sulfa and salt.

Keep us posted!

Had quite a few die shortly after this post. However I have had the remaining 3 for 3-4 days now. No signs of columnaris, but somehow have ich now! So treating for that now :/

Back
Top Bottom