Constipation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good cure for this? I've heard that garlic might help and also have heard something about peas. Some help would be great because my female guppy looks like her stomach is about to explode.( she isn't about to give birth. She gave birth about two weeks ago) thanks in advance!

What is a good cure for this? I've heard that garlic might help and also have heard something about peas. Some help would be great because my female guppy looks like her stomach is about to explode.( she isn't about to give birth. She gave birth about two weeks ago) thanks in advance!

My guppies won't eat peas, but its worth a shot. Finely chop or crush the peas. Withhold food prior to offering the peas to increas your chances of her taking it. She probably does have more babies in her belly though, but peas won't do her any harm.

Some of my females get like that. And they will eat like crazy when they are pregnant.

Ditto on peas. Also had good results with a product called Tropical Greens from API. It has fiber and contains algae, garlic, carrot, spirulina, etc. Supposed to help their digestion plus immune system. The fish love it and haven't seen the constipation problems since using it. I mix it with their normal food.

And I've quit feeding mine tubiflex worms. I know other people feed their fish these with no problems, but I lost 2 guppies in a row after feeding them these. Don't know why but the ones that died were super bloated in the belly. Maybe wasn't the worms but now it's just greens and flakes for mine, so far so good.

So I've tried the poached peas the last couple days with no takers. They just didn't want to eat them. I will be looking into the tropical greens. They sound exactly what is needed in my tank. Thanks for the help guys!

I got some veggie pellets from angelsplus.com as a free sample when I ordered a sponge filter, my fish seem to be pooping machines after eating them, it seems like they are laxatives!

Back
Top Bottom