continuing med

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetrin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi,
need some advice...2 red dwarf gouramis died today. both had (what i suspect) mouth fungus/columnaris. i started treating them yesterday with what my lfs gave me (mela-fix). the med is supposed to be given for 7 days and i have administered 2 doses yet. shud i continue?
i also have a rainbow shark and a clown loach who seemed to relish the whiteish stuff growing on the body of the gouramis. are they at any risk?
thanks for any help.

They are at risk. I would continue the treatment, since Melafix is an extremely mild antiseptic that won't harm your biofilter. I'm a big fan of this stuff for minor ailments.

I just had a bout with the same thing and lost a danio to it. I treated for the full 7 days with the mela-fix and all seems well. It did cloud up my tank quite a bit. When the 7 days were up I put brand new charcoal back into my filter and a day later the tank was crystal clear again. And all my fish look healthy for now

Back
Top Bottom