Convict cichlid is swimming weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psingh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 convict cichlids 1 male 1 female, for some reason the female is floating in a weird way she seems to go near my filter and jus go to the place where the water gets sucked in and just hover close to that and goes around by where the filter puts out clean water just keeps going infront of that, also she is sometimes facing half down so her tail is higher than her if anyone knows anythink message me thanks, also can upload a picture if wanted to see. Thanks!

180Ltr/48Galllon tank
Jewel rio 320 filter
jewel rio 320 heater
Gravel
3 flowerpots.
1 air pump with air wall.
2 convicts
Male - around 4 inch
Female around 2-3

Maybe swimbladder issues?

Erm, im not sure its anythink like that becuase it swims fine but for sum reason at random times it will jus go to the top of my filter and it looks like its being sucked in, and its dieing but if i tap the glass the fish freaks n moves away from it

Is this an established tank? When a fish doesn't have enough strength to get away from the suction of the filter, there is definitely something wrong with the fish. Have you tested your water for ammonia and nitrates?

See your other post. It may be ammonia issues..... If you posted both pieces of info in the same post, it would be easier to diagnose.

Mods: Can you merge posts?

Is this an established tank? When a fish doesn't have enough strength to get away from the suction of the filter, there is definitely something wrong with the fish. Have you tested your water for ammonia and nitrates?

This is the suggestion in the other post too.

See your other post. It may be ammonia issues..... If you posted both pieces of info in the same post, it would be easier to diagnose.

Mods: Can you merge posts?

Sorry but i dont know how to merge post's soz :)

It dont know to be honest. but i am going to get tests done tomorow so hopefully they results arnt that bad, the larger fish still seems to not want to come out, but today i just buyed some bloodworms so they sank to the bottom of the tank, he ate some of them so i guess thats ok.

.............DONE WATER TEST.............

i was told there is no problem in the water at all it is "really good water". :eek::):D:p

Sooo im guessing its just the food, the temp is always around 80 or a lil under. Im guessing he dont like the food as much so what food can i feed him? somethink that is around the same price as flakefood. as i dont want to spend alot of mone at the moment.

They both seem to be moving around kind of better now, However there is still 1 problem, Everytime i turn the light of the tank on they both FREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK and run in to their caves and go mad. altho the smaller female doesnt seem to be that bothered sometimes but the larger male always craps himself

any help on this subject?

So im guessing the tank is Cycled right?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom