Convict injured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my juvenile female convicts was severely injured by the others last night. Because I have no other tank to put her in, she's currently in a floating breeding tank. She is alive, but she is in SEVERE condition.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402107131.350419.jpg

She has moved around, she is breathing and has eaten some. As you can see her eye is probably done for, and she's got a bad bruise as well as loss of color and a lot of fin damage. What can I do to help her recover?

Good water Params and keep her eating I can't remember the name of the stuff people use I think it's melafix to help with cuts

There will be a reason behind why she got attacked if it were me I'd find out why it happened as I wouldn't want it to happen again

I switched their food recently, so they probably didn't recognize it as food and went after the smallest as food.

Dose with melafix, that will help her injury heal, can you put her into a dish or something to do this, or dose the whole tank, won't hurt other fish. Some antibiotics would be good. She needs treatment ASAP What are you going to do with her if she heals? You won't be able to put her into the tank again, they will kill her next time.

Im gonna bring her back to the LFS, of course I would do it now but I'm afraid the trip would kill her.

Back
Top Bottom