Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

cories avoiding sand??

I had pebble like gravel in my aquarium and changed to white sand two days ago because everyone tells me cories looove sand. I only covered the tank to experiment which the fish prefer. I have washed the sand thoroughly too.. however, my cories spend all their time on the pebble side?? its so weird!! not to mention frustrating since I bought it just for them even when I put their sinking pellets there, they swim above it to get it and sometimes even swim up for the floating fishfood instead!! should I remove the sand?? I thought they were just not used to it but its been two days already;((

Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Could they be nervous about being "exposed". Pretty hard to hide sitting on a bed of white sand. Is there some sort of plant or ornament you could sit on it for a bit of cover to see if the coaxes them over?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
Could they be nervous about being "exposed". Pretty hard to hide sitting on a bed of white sand. Is there some sort of plant or ornament you could sit on it for a bit of cover to see if the coaxes them over?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
will try tomorrow and see if it helps!! thank you(:

Tags
cories, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com