Cory barbels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using Land Plants

My other tank now has nitrate issues so I'm going to find 2 plants !!!!

bk...

It would be a good idea to have a "Plan B" in case the plants aren't what you want. Most people don't care for the appearance of large plants sticking out of the tank. A couple of companies, ACUREL and HBH have a poly fiber media that's made to remove nitrates in the tank water. You might want to research this option.

I've attached some pics of some of my other tanks that have the "Ag" plant emersed in the tank. These tanks require very little maintenance, but it gives you an idea of what the tanks look like. I use several plants in each tank and never have to test the water. I know the plants are doing their job of removing the nitrogen from the water.

B

Attachments

• PC160405.jpg
    PC160405.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 48
  • PC290431.jpg
    PC290431.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 41
  • PC290432.jpg
    PC290432.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 44
  • PC290433.jpg
    PC290433.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 48
bk...

It would be a good idea to have a "Plan B" in case the plants aren't what you want. Most people don't care for the appearance of large plants sticking out of the tank. A couple of companies, ACUREL and HBH have a poly fiber media that's made to remove nitrates in the tank water. You might want to research this option.

I've attached some pics of some of my other tanks that have the "Ag" plant emersed in the tank. These tanks require very little maintenance, but it gives you an idea of what the tanks look like. I use several plants in each tank and never have to test the water. I know the plants are doing their job of removing the nitrogen from the water.

B

Do you have fish in these tanks? I gotta say I do kinda like the way the plants look growing out of the top of the tank. This is a very intriguing idea... Another question.. The lamps you have next to the tanks, are those there specifically For the plants?

Actually bbradbury I sent you a PM, I had
More questions to ask you but don't want to take
over the thread, so dot worry about replying here unless you just want too :)

Back
Top Bottom