Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cory has a small cut on its side

I have 5 false julii cories in my 40 gallon breeder; one of the cories got caught in the ladder of the hagan CO2 system that I have in the tank. I have no idea how long he had been in there, but I don't think it was too long as the tank is in our living room and I look at it every time I walk past. I moved the ladder and he swam out and I have watched him and he seems to be acting normally but he has a small cut on one of his sides. I am wondering if I need to isolate/medicate or if he will heal without intervention. Water parameters as follows: Temp-75, Ammo-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-20, and I do water changes of about 40% weekly. Thanks!

segrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

The cut should heal on its own with nothing special other than just keeping the water very healthy. A couple of extra water changes is about all I would do while keeping an eye on the wound. He should be fine in week or so!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Great! I will just change the water every two days or so this week. I checked on him this morning and he still seemed ok. He ate with everyone else and the spot on his side is less noticeable than right after I freed him yesterday. Thank you so much!
segrayson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cory

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com