Cory...help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHBROWNE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I thought for sure he was dead, he was belly up in a plant...when I moved the plant I saw him struggle...I got him free but he was having a hard time staying right side up... I got him in the net thinking he was down for too long and brought him up closer to the top so that he could get some oxygen.... he is now in the bowl with the fresh air flowing into the bowl swimming to the top of the bowl for breaths...seems to be getting a little stronger I'm not sure if he is sick or just got trapped.... is there anything else I should be doing or just leave him in the bowl and see how he does overnight [emoji174]IMG_9933.JPGIMG_9923.JPG
I have no idea how long he was stuck...I have already removed some plants and spaced them out more...I feel horrible!!

IMO, leave him in quarantine for another day, at least. It's possible he was lodged in the plant, and couldn't reach the surface. I would test the water in your main tank to be sure there's no chance he was suffering from ammonia poisoning, but from the pics, it doesn't appear so. Still, better safe than sorry. When in doubt, quarantining is always a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom